Saturday, March 26, 2011

Do as I say, not as I do

People are constantly teaching and telling you how to live your life.  They are giving guidelines and rules that help them to live their own.  They will tell you exactly what you did wrong in a situation and say how they would have handled it so much better.  This is the beauty of community and life but the problem is there is always a point or moment when the teacher falls short- When the one who gives the advice doesn’t follow it themselves.  Then we hear the famous line "Do as I say, not as I do."  But fear not, there is One who has lived out exactly what He preached and never, not even once, fell into what He so mightily preached against. 

Isaiah 2:2 says “You should not put your trust in people to save you, because people are only human; they aren’t able to help you” and later Jesus says “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” 

We can’t put our faith in man because men are not God and WE WILL let each other down (I am the first to admit I constantly fall short of my teachings). 

But as long as I teach and point to Jesus- then it is not I who holds up the standard but Christ.  “I claim to know nothing but Jesus Christ, and Him Crucified.”  Do as He says, and as He does.  

No comments:

Post a Comment