Friday, April 29, 2011

print

Maybe it's me just being emotional because I am parting ways with friends that have become like brothers and sisters to me over the past four years... but I've been doing a little thinking.  {OH NO!!}

I feel that leaving my heartprint on the world is better than leaving my footprint.  I feel that many people can leave footprints whether they are just passing through or staying a while to cause trouble.  But to leave a heartprint one has to become vulnerable, entangled in relationships, give themselves to others, and embrace their community.

I want to pray for a heart that reaches out-  I want to be willingly inconvenienced.  I believe in Divine appointments.

Every day they pass me by,
I can see it in their eyes;
Empty people filled with care,
Headed who knows where
On they go through private pain,
Living fear to fear.
Laughter hides the silent cry's,
Only Jesus hears.

People need the Lord.
People need the Lord.
At the end of broken dreams,
He's the open door.
People need the Lord.
People need the Lord.
When will we realize
People need the Lord.
  -Greg Nelson & Phil McHugh

No comments:

Post a Comment